• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

Getting ready to take the CPC exam on July 27

Nevergiveup

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Practicoder
I am getting nervous about it. Been listening to the blitz videos and bubbling and highlighting. Took practice exam and dd no do great spent too much time flipping. How should I tab my CPT book? I tab the different sections but should I be doing something else. Any tips will be appreciated. I so want to pass this time. This is my 2nd attempt. First time, I had to take it even though I was not finished with the course and got 54%.

Thanks,
Anna

Bobby

My advice is to do the short and easy questions first and come back to the longer harder questions. My theory was that if I ran out of time I would be guessing on the most time consuming questions instead of the "gimmies". I finished my test with 3 minutes to spare but ended up skimming about 10 of those long questions the best I could to make an educated guess on them. I used the AAPC mock test for practice and was happy to find that it was a very good representation of what the actual test covered and looked like. I did pass in my first attempt with a 77%. I don't know if that is a good score or not since AAPC doesn't publish any information on pass rates or average scores that I can find, but I do know it was good enough to get CPC behind my name!